Marrying an Icelandic national allows you to become a citizen of that country. Marriage in this country can be a good way to immigrate to this beautiful country. Also, marrying an Icelandic person in Iceland will give you citizenship for your common child.
You can get a residence permit in Iceland by marrying and living with an Icelandic man or woman. The issue of marriage in this country is very different from other European countries.
Icelandic citizenship law is based on the blood system, meaning that the birth of an Icelandic parent leads to Icelandic citizenship. At present, if you are married to an Icelandic man or woman, the child of that marriage is considered to be of Icelandic citizenship. However, if the Icelandic father is single and the mother is a foreigner, Icelandicization of the child is conditional on the child being born in Iceland and, secondly, in order to achieve the goals of the Icelandic children’s law. If such a child is born outside of Iceland, the child can apply for Icelandic citizenship before reaching the age of 18.
In case of marriage with an Icelandic citizen, Icelandic citizenship is granted to a foreign spouse with 3 years of residence in Iceland.
Terms of marriage with an Icelandic spouse to acquire Icelandic citizenship:
- The age of the parties must be 18 years or older.
- Not be married to anyone else (Iceland is also a monogamous law)
- Under Icelandic law, there are no barriers to partner marriage
- An Icelandic spouse must be a citizen of Iceland for at least 5 years.
- They have been married for 4 years and have been living in Iceland for 3 years.
- For a person who has a recognized sexual relationship with an Icelander but has not been legally married, the same rules apply to spouses regarding the acquisition of citizenship; The difference is that the length of stay to study Icelandic citizenship increases from 3 years to 5 years.
Obtaining residency through marriage
The best, cheapest, and fastest way to get residency or citizenship is by countries.
Match Marry is the first, largest and only partner search site for marriage and immigration. So far, many people have been able to find their favorite partner and immigrate to the best countries in the world through Match Marry.
If you want to immigrate to the Iceland through marriage, all you have to do is subscribe to Match Marry and find your favorite partner and move to the country you want to live in easily and quickly. It is also very possible that someone will choose you as their partner …